Senior Policy Advisor UK (London or Cambridge)
Oceana is the largest advocacy organization dedicated to ocean conservation
High level professional with significant expertise in lobbying
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Oceana is the largest international advocacy organization dedicated solely to ocean conservation. Oceana is rebuilding abundant and biodiverse oceans by winning science-based policies in countries that control one third of the world's wild fish catch. With over 100 victories that stop overfishing, habitat destruction, pollution and killing of threatened species like turtles and sharks, Oceana's campaigns are delivering results. A restored ocean means that one billion people can enjoy a healthy seafood meal, every day, forever. Together, we can save the oceans and help feed the world.
Descripción de la oferta
General Summary of Position
The Senior Policy Advisor will work under the supervision of the Policy and Advocacy Director for Oceana Europe and in coordination with Oceana European Policy Team to:
- Create and maintain a network of key stakeholders and decision makers in the UK;
- To increase the awareness of marine conservation and Oceana's work in relevant political forums;
- Define and implement strategies for achieving successfully our goals in the UK.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of and close collaboration with the Policy and Advocacy Director for Oceana Europe based in Madrid:
- Develop and implement strategies to promote Oceana's vision and goals for healthy oceans in the United Kingdom;
- Support Oceana's Policy team in the achievements of the department goals;
- Represent the organization in international and national political forums; act as spokesperson for relevant media;
- Develop, maintain and expand a network of key stakeholders and decision makers relevant for Oceana's campaigns;
- Prepare briefings, position papers, policy reports and any required materials to support the successful achievement of Oceana's goals.
Perfil buscado (h/m)
Qualifications and experience:
- The ideal candidate will hold a Master´s Degree in international and/or European policy, economics with proven additional experience or academic background in any marine science discipline or, alternatively, marine conservation. PhD will be a plus.
- At least ten years of proven experience in policy work at high level; experience in Non-Governmental Organisations campaigning will be a plus.
- Fluent written and spoken English essential. The successful candidate will show proven professional proficiency in at least one additional European Union language.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Accomplished interpersonal and networking skills.
- Personal resilience.
- Passion for oceans and conservation.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly.
- Able to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Able to exhibit diplomacy and tact at all times.
Oceana offers a competitive annual salary in the range of £50,000, commensurate with experience. The position will be based either in Central London or in Cambridge and conditions are according to UK employment legislation; hence the position is open solely to persons with the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To apply: Please send a letter of application, stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this position, with your CV/resume by email to: applicants-
Put "Senior Policy Advisor UK" in the email subject line. Thanks!