- Multinational Retail company
- Cost management, project management, QS, MRICS
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Multinational company in the retail sector with an ambitious expansion plan for the following years with offices in Barcelona.
- Reporting to the Group Quantity Surveyor (Europe) you will manage all commercial aspects of the end to end project cycle of new stores, re-fits and extensions to high standards.
- Responsible for contributing to the successfully co-ordination and management of the capital investment plan to deliver programmes, projects and initiatives of varying size and complexity taking account of programme, quality and health and safety implications.
- Responsible for implementing a cost reduction strategy within the Property Department, ensuring cost reduction activity and value engineering is delivered appropriately.
- Manage the project feasibility process from initial proposal through scoping and option studies to Board Approval of funding. Site visit to ascertain constraints and identify risks. Ascertain brief and scope of work from other departments. Develop and employ modelling and estimating techniques to provide accurate rates and costs for an annual spend of up to €30m across a variety of different types and sizes of new and refurbishment retail projects.
- Develop and manage procurement techniques to suit the types and quantum of programmes, projects and initiatives.
- Conduct tender processes including preparation of tender documentation, evaluation of tenders and the making of detailed recommendations.
- Adopt a consistent approach to the contractual engagement of all consultants, suppliers and contractors employed by the company to carry out works associated with the capital investment plan.
- Monitor the financial progress of individual projects through regular communication and reports.
- Agree final accounts with all contractors, consultants and suppliers.
Perfil Buscado (H/M/D)
- Construction/Retail Fit Out experience.
- Quantity Surveying / Cost Management experience.
- Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Construction Faculty (MRICS) or equivalent is a plus.
- Excellent communication & influencing skills.
- Qualifications: Relevant bachelor's degree or construction cost management qualification would be advantageous.
- Self-motivated, but works well as part of a team.
- Technically competent with knowledge of various software programmes.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Availability to travel is required.
- Completely fluent in English. All reporting will be done in English. Other languages will be very advantageous to the role.
- Base can be flexible but Barcelona, Spain would be preferred.
- Full European Driving Licence essential.
Career plan opportunities.
Motivating company perks.