Actualizado el 05/05/2022
- International Company
- Lead the transition towards regenerative agriculture.
Acerca de nuestro cliente
International Company with presence in Andalusia.
You will be responsible for the global management of the Olive Grove. This full-time position will report to the CEO in order to validate strategy.
- Take part in the selection process of the lands and olive groves that we acquire (Phase 1: 70 to 150 hectares of olive trees).
- Design the plans and roadmap to bring the land towards regenerative agriculture (irrigation and water retention landscape, selection of plants, trees and animal varieties, no-tilling…).
- Participate in the budget definition and monthly review.
- Manage and motivate the team.
- Responsible for the management of the soil (green cover, compost…) and of the olive trees (pruning, preventing and curing disease…).
- Harvest and bring the olives to the mill.
- Planting new olive trees.
- Maintenance of farm vehicles and equipment.
- Select suppliers and purchase raw materials.
- Respect organic regulation and Regenerative Ag principles.
- Cooperate and coordinate with colleagues in charge of Communication, Distribution and Accounting.
- Finally get the Biodynamic certificate - with the help of external consultant.
Perfil Buscado (H/M/D)
- 5+ years experience in organic olive grove management (olive oil varieties).
- Experience in Regenerative Agriculture and/or Biodynamic is a plus.
- You are able to design and execute a transition plan towards Regenerative Ag.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of farm management, including financial forecasting and budgeting, staff management, and farm horticultural operations.
- Passionate about sustainable agriculture.
- Ability to work independently.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Team player and leadership.
- Open minded.
- Fluency in Spanish and English/French.
- Hands-on and results oriented.