Actualizado el 07/10/2021
- Company of great prestige at national, European and international level
- Responsibility charge
Acerca de nuestro cliente
A private biomedical research center seeks to incorporate a head of HTS Drug Discovery (H / M / D) to manage a team of 12 people from the scientific side and the early early stages of new drug discovery.
Reference center at national, European and international level.
- Area Head In charge of the design, implementation, and supervision of R+D+I projects
- The role includes identifying and managing economic resources to develop new scientific and technological projects
- Coordinate and manage national and international working groups
- Design, communicate, and execute multi-disciplinary research strategies that encompass target validation, deciphering mechanistic insight for target modality, biomarker identification to enable early patient stratification hypotheses, and early development of novel therapeutics
- Work closely with project leaders and research teams within the organization,
- Manage external relationships with key stakeholders, and colleagues in the fields of Drug Discovery, In Vivo Pharmacology, Biomarkers and Translational Research.
- Build strategic relationships to facilitate collaborations, research agreements, and outsourcing activities with world-class external R&D groups in the field
- Support business development activities of the organization
- Provide leadership and mentorship to a team of technicians, junior, senior and associated scientists
- Report directly to the Scientific Director
Perfil Buscado (H/M/D)
The candidate will lead an HTS drug discovery, target validation and biomarkers team and will work with collaborators in the microbiology, chemistry, in vivo pharmacology and translational research groups.
- Seasoned Researcher with 10-15 years of relevant industry experience in the management of drug discovery programs
- Extended research background with PhD in cell biology, biochemistry or pharmacology
- Demonstrated expertise in uncovering mechanistic biology that best informs target modality for drug discovery efforts
- Excellent leadership and mentorship skills, including experience leading a diverse multidisciplinary team of research scientists, with a demonstrated ability to supervise, mentor and develop a scientific team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment, establishing working relationships with international and external groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external colleagues
- A proven track record in transitioning targets from early-stage drug discovery into the preclinic
- Competitive candidates are expected to have a strong track record in independent and innovative research, as evidenced by competitive international grants and publications in top-tier peer-reviewed journals
- Excellent scientific verbal and written communications skills in English language
Company of great prestige at national, European and international level