- Multinational insurance company (international specialist insurer and reinsurer)
- Finance Manager with high level of English (Big4 experience will be a plus)
Acerca de nuestro cliente
We are an international specialist insurer and reinsurer. We provide market leading products and excellent service to individuals and businesses with unusual and often complicated insurance needs. We employ over 1,000 highly professional staff, have offices in more than ten countries and customers all over the world.
The Finance Manager will support the growth of each of Iberia business as they grow their premium income. Will be responsible for the daily management of the numerous accounting, finance, and tax issues in each of the businesses.
The role combine pure accounting function, reporting and strategic thinking, and accounting administrative tasks. Will be part of a wider pan-European finance function and will have a considerable amount of cross-border interaction.
This person will be also responsible for the daily management of the numerous accounting, finance, and tax issues in each of the businesses. It combines pure accounting function, reporting and strategic thinking, and accounting administrative tasks. Finally, there will be a combination of direct and matrix management of staff depending on the country/region.
Technical and Management
- Monitoring and management of business and financial performance; Development of business cases and/or remedial action plans to maximize performance;
- Evaluating business opportunities, risks and issues and assessing their financial implications;
- Providing financial advice, guidance and recommendations to Iberia Management team and Europe CFO;
- Responsible for delivery of forecasts and reports on a regular or ad hoc basis to meet the needs of internal customers and stakeholders, within agreed timescales;
- Contributing to the development of financial models, tools and analytical processes to meet business needs;
- Local development of underwriting planning & performance monitoring, expense variance tracking, budgeting and forecasting, quarterly financial consolidation packs and general financial analysis;
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records and ensure data and content is appropriately secure, in the preparation of the entity accounts for submission to fiscal and regulatory bodies;
- To manage the country budget and forecasting process with the management team;
- Recommend and implement methods and procedures to improve accounting processes for either the country or on a European basis as required;
- To manage the country budget and forecasting process with the Iberia management team, setting and delivering against targets, develop opportunities and build credible plans to ensure all P&L items are accurately planned and to ensure the financial health of the business.
- Manage the administration and approvals of the country payroll in conjunction with the HR Manager;
- Gathering, validating and compiling quantitative and qualitative financial information, from multiple internal and/or external sources to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Handling the flow of requests for information into and out of the department: responding or re-directing and prioritizing items accordingly.
Perfil Buscado (H/M/D)
Competencies and Success Factors:
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role; in the INSURANCE Industry or BIG4 audit (in insurance)
- Academic qualifications in Business Management, Accounting or Finance, with preference for a Master Degree;
- Accountable for the development of financially sound business strategy and annual operating plans for Iberia.
- Ensure that the GL at all times accurately reflects the branch performance, assets and liabilities, with appropriate robust and independent controls.
- Extensive knowledge in Spanish and international taxation & Cash Flow Management
- Experience working with international teams. Team player. Highly motivated self-starter.
- High Proficiency or near fluency in English, with fluency in the language of the country or region (Spanish)
- Ability to communicate their message, to understand their audience and deliver the information in a clear and user-friendly manner;
- Actively influencing day to day decisions, shaping strategy and the direction of the business, should be the 'translator' between finance and operations, as well as commercially aware, understanding and anticipating the needs of both of those areas
- Capacity to look beyond business plans. Position and steward the implementation of Finance approved strategies, policies and processes in location to ensure consistent Group-wide best practice is delivered
- Collaborates with other Country Finance Directors, Financial Controllers, and key internal stakeholder groups to act in a manner that supports the global business through sharing of resources, and intelligence to optimize delivery to customers
- Knowledge and experience of the dynamics of the insurance world to provide 'real time' support and analysis, to be a trusted adviser and to add value that will assist in decision making.
- Provide functional leadership and coaching on financial issues to the country business unit.
- Be extremely literate in Microsoft Excel and other standard Office tools
- Ability to travel (may be up to 20% of time)
Carreer development in a leading multinational insurance company