European Tax Manager
European Tax Manager
Page Group Shared Service Center
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Are you looking for a place to work that will inspire and challenge you? A place to unleash your potential? Then the PageGroup Barcelona Shared Service Centre (SSC), with its flexible, open culture and meritocratic structure is the place for you.
From 1976 and our first office in London we have grown into one of the world's leading recruitment consultancies, with 140 offices in 36 countries and over 7,000 employees. You could say the sun never sets on PageGroup - or your professional journey with us.
PageGroup is a global company made stronger through our multiculturalism and diversity - in Barcelona we have over 30 nationalities in one location. We are a diversity champion, winning awards in the UK and throughout Europe for our efforts. What our employees say about us helps us take the right direction - after all, being a 'Top Employer' in 8 European countries is no easy feat.
Find out more here: https://www.pagepersonnel.es/clientprofile/pagegroup-shared-services-centre
Descripción de la oferta
The work of the tax team is divided into the following four broad interrelated work streams:
- Reporting - preparing tax information for financial statements, including the Plc consolidated annual report and accounts
- Compliance - preparing and filing corporate tax returns and reports (CbCR, transfer pricing and other); monitoring WHT and VAT compliance and compliance with Group transfer pricing and other tax related policy.
- Planning - optimising the corporate architecture and repatriation of income, transfer pricing design and implementation
- Tax risk management - setting and monitoring Group tax strategy and governance, managing tax challenges and disputes to achieve optimum outcomes, ensuring that PageGroup is a good corporate citizen in relation to the countries in which it operates.
The successful candidate will report to the Tax Director and work on all the above matters across Europe, reviewing foreign tax returns and financial statements, tax reporting, assistance with preparation of transfer pricing documentation, management of certificates of tax residence and research to support projects and advise to management and colleagues in the business in relation to direct and indirect taxes. In particular, the successful candidate will be expected to support the correct management of taxes within the Europe SSC.
Perfil buscado (h/m)
- IT literate
- Ability to research
- Articulate (verbally and in writing) and able to communicate in a concise manner, particularly when dealing with non-tax colleagues
- Able to work under pressure when required
- Adaptable/flexible, receptive to change and open-minded
- Able to demonstrate initiative and keep the Tax Director informed/updated in an appropriate and timely manner
- Culturally aware and sensitive when working with colleagues and others whose first language is not your own.
- Sound understanding of double entry bookkeeping and how financial statements are constructed
- Sound understanding of corporate tax law
- Understanding of income tax and indirect taxes
- Understanding of international tax systems
- Long-term opportunity to grow inside a multicultural environment and globally operating company
- Competitive base salary + additional benefits