European Finance Director
European Finance Director
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Leading Industrial Corporation
Descripción de la oferta
The Finance Director oversees the financial operations of the Group business and shares responsibility for the organization's economic and financial performance. A key member of the European management team, this position provides proactive and visible financial / business leadership, and directly supports the strategic, operational and financial goals and objectives of the business. Directs staff of finance professionals at different European sites.
Financial Controls, Compliance and Reporting
- Ensure that all of the regional financial practices are in line with statutory laws and regulations as well as with US GAAP and FCPA.
- Manage and monitor controls, accounting policies and procedures in order to achieve full compliance with corporate policies.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial results with full financial transparency.
- Support quarterly / annual audit process through the provision of audit schedules and analysis of local legal entity results, inventory, costs, customer trends or other key business factors.
- Manage direct and indirect tax activities (including quarter and annual US GAAP tax provision information) and reporting within the region, in cooperation with corporate where required.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Deliver timely and accurate financial & operational analysis as required by the business and corporate Finance management, including financial plans, budgets, and forecasts for cash, revenue, margins, EBITDA, working capital and capital spending.
- Prepare and facilitate monthly and quarterly forecasts for the business, including reports which summarize and forecast business activities and financial position.
- Direct all revenue and expense reporting, ensuring control, accuracy, predictability and timely delivery of amounts, analysis and comments, including local and regional reporting.
- Analyze and report on key variances to targets, forecast and prior year; ensures that there is a clear understanding of business drivers and future impacts.
- Communicate, discuss and challenge financial impacts with Business Unit managers.
- Prepare financial analysis to support capital investments.
- Prepare and present at meetings where financial input/commentary is required.
- Provide support and management to the Group leadership as necessary.
- Analyze product and customer profitability for pricing decisions and contract profitability evaluation to ensure acceptable profit levels.
- Communicate risks in a clear and timely manner.
- Monitor working capital, cash balances, forecasts and reporting; maintain local and regional banking relations and manage the European cash pool.
- Manage financial risk.
- Perform special projects including investments, acquisitions/divestitures, coordination of system implementations, and other projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Lead with a continuous improvement mindset; proactively identify improvement opportunities and partner with corporate to share best practices to improve processes and results.
- Provide leadership, direction and management to the local finance and accounting teams.
- Develop the employees to meet the financial needs of the organization.
Perfil buscado (h/m)
- Bachelors' degree in Finance or Accounting required; CPA and master's equivalent preferred.
- Fluent in English with effective communication skills, encompassing verbal, written and presentation.
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience in a similar role.
- Directly applicable financial analysis (FP&A), cost accounting or commercial finance experience with a mid-size manufacturing organization.
- Experience with SAP (or similar ERP) system is required.
- In-depth knowledge of discounted cash flow, IRR and ROI calculations, operational analysis (cost reduction) techniques and customer pricing inputs.
- Understand product / standard costing terminology and financial impacts.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Responsive, proactive and able to lead processes.
- Proven planning, analysis and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work across all functions and levels of the organization, applying influence skills in order to ensure proper controls, support change initiatives / identify and communicate improvements and drive business results.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) including use of PIVOT tables and advanced Excel formulas.
Very good international opportunity