Director Financiero basado en Angola ( Cabinda )
4 years working in a similar position preferably on donor funded project
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Important multinational company is looking for a Finance Manager for Angola ( Cabinda )
Descripción de la oferta
Reporting to the Project Manager based in Angola ( Cabinda ), the selected candidate will be responsible for the following functions:
- Overall lead for the project in the areas of budgeting, accounting, implementing internal controls, financial reporting and treasury management, and ensuring compliance with approved procedures;
- Lead the budget preparation process and present the project budget to the Project Steering Committee (PSC) and the Executing Agency (MINAGRI).
- Manage budget execution, and controlling expenditure, to ensure that activities executed are in line with the approved budget and within the budgeted expenditures;
- Monitor budget execution and progress, including input to progress reporting for the project;
- Ultimate responsibility for the preparation of quarterly interim unaudited financial reports, as well as the annual projects financial statements;
- Lead the development and regular update of the Project Financial Procedures Manual (FPM) to standardize and streamline financial management practices within the project. The FPM will also contain the relevant accounting policies and standards to be followed in the preparation of the project financial reports.
- Develop and implement business process improvement where appropriate, including computerization and automation of accounting and reporting;
- In conjunction with vendor, ensure the provision of training to project FM staff on any installed software, to assure its proper and beneficial use. Determine the software modules to be operationalized, and ensure their satisfactory performance;
- Develop and implement appropriate treasury procedures, to ensure that the project never runs out of funds in the Special Account, and Counterpart Funds Account;
- Ensure that advances are justified in line with Bank rules, and monthly bank reconciliations are performed timeously for all project accounts, checked for accuracy, and reconciling items followed up promptly;
- Supervise all staff and activities of the project financial management and M&E units, provide career guidance to staff, and conduct performance reviews (measuring subordinates' performance against agreed targets at agreed intervals);
- Liaise with the internal/external auditors and follow up any audit queries or recommendations;
- Support the procurement process by reviewing and monitoring, in conjunction with the procurement specialist and the project coordinator, the FM aspects of procurement of goods, works, and services in accordance with the agreed procurement rules;
- Assist in field monitoring of project activities and help track physical progress of projects against their expenditures.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager or the Project Coordinator.
- Qualification and experiences required
- She/ he shall be:
- A qualified accountant with full membership of an internationally recognized accounting professional body such as CA, CPA, ACCA, CGMA.
- Have sound knowledgeable of IPSAS, IFRS or local accounting standards that comply with IPSAS or IFRS requirements, and application of those standards in practice.
- Have extensive experience in planning, budgeting budgetary control, and financial reporting.
- Possess knowledge and experience of donor disbursement procedures and justification practices.
- Possess good people management skills, interpersonal relationship skills, honesty and the ability to communicate fluently in English and Portuguese.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be prepared to undertake extensive field visits in support of implementation.
Perfil buscado (h/m)
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, or similar.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years working as a Finance Manager in a medium-size multinational subsidiary.
- Previous experience in an engineering, construction, energy sector, or similar is desirable.
- Experience in global tax planning, transfer pricing policies and statutory returns.
- Experience in projects' controlling and accounting, an advantage.
- Excellent English.
- Other language/s mainly Portuguese, an advantage.
- Excellent PC/financial modelling skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with ERP System (SAP Business One and/or Hyperion, is desirable).
Salary package: 80.000 euros fixed salary + bonus + fringe benefits (
house, travel help, insurance )