- Chemical Company
- Customs Specialist EMEA
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Important chemical company
Responsible for all customs imports/exports processes
- Ownership of customs related documentation and masterdata
- Ensure compliance with EU customs code
- Checking/approval of customs clearance invoices
Managing IPR licenses in Spain and Europe
- Renewal of the licenses and ensure complaince with IPR regulations
- Prepare monthly reports for customs authorities
- Supervision of the customs agent practices related to daily operations with the IPR licenses
Focal point for all customs related matters in EMEA
- Bringing knowledge and set up proposals for the improvement in the area of customs
- Leading all projects related to customs
Responsible for external warehouse and external tankstorage activities
- First point of contact for providing activity forecast
- Relation management
- First contact persons for warehousing and external tankstorage suppliers.
- Checking/approval of warehousing and external tankstorage invoices.
- Warehousing incidents (booking and monitoring of transport incidents).
- Create and review SOP and documents of warehousing.
Organizing warehousing activities with service providers as well as vendor performance management
- Manage daily activities with external warehouse and external tankstorage
- Performance Measurement of locally used vendors
- Ensure existence, maintenance and validity of SLAs and KPIs with local vendors
- Responsible for collection and analysis of KPI reports of local vendors, as per the frequency & format agreed with the vendor
- Manage vendor complaints with vendor's counterparts & Escalate to Global Logistics or procurement if appropriate
- Have regular meetings (together with Global Logistics or procurement) with local vendors to monitor and discuss performance
- Give performance feedback to Procurement for tender processes based on data captured during quarter/year
Managing import flows and providers
- Follow up of the incoming shipments (tracking)
- Instruct customs agent anf freight forwarder about unloading/delivering
- Invoice checking/approval of import logistics providers
- Keep control of demurrage/detention costs and approval of invoices when applicable
Handling of incidents, complaints and questions related to warehousing activities and providers
- Administration of complaint and customer/vendor information in automated system
- Ensure Supply Chain/Logistics corrective actions related to customer/vendor complaints
- Together with QA, keep track of complaints to its closure.
Handling logistics projects and focal point for continuous improvement related to logistics activities
- Lead or participate in local or EMEA focused projects in order to improve the way of working
- Actively pursuing change in order to work more efficiently and to increase the service level
Perfil Buscado (H/M/D)
- Master degree in Logistics or similar. Specific training on customs procedures (customs management, customs representative or similar).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in logistics management including customs import/export, expert
knowledge of transport/warehousing of bulk and packed logistics in the chemical industry.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.Skills: Strong analytical skills, Teamwork capacity, Customer oriented, Result driven, Proven experience in project management. Understanding different geographical cultures (cultural savvy).Experience: Customs import/export procedures and techniques in international commerce, supply Chain/logistics (warehousing, transport), relations management with service providers, continuous improvement tools.
Position covering for a period of 1 year a leave of absence. After that time you will have the real possibility of direct incorporation into the company.