Actualizado el 27/04/2022
- Between 4-6 years of experience in a top management consulting firm.
- Very high English leves is a must.
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Important publishing multinational company is looking for a Strategy Manager for their office based in Madrid.
Reporting to Chief Strategy Officer, the Corporate Strategy Manager will have the opportunity to engage in projects such as:
- Company Strategic Planning cycle - reviewing and updating the market analysis, overarching strategic logic and ambitions, key initiatives, financial forecasts, risk management etc.
- Key initiatives in proactively transforming company business and reshaping Europe's markets;
- Commercial due diligences (in-house for smaller or initial, interface to advisors for larger M&As) and supporting the M&A funnel by reviewing incoming teasers as well as proactively scanning the market;
- Post-merger integration and subsequent proactive fostering of company integration through embedding in newly acquired operating companies' operations to support them in key strategic projects;
- Refining and upholding methodologies for analysing the content and digital platform markets and key metrics to track market position, return on investments, performance benchmarking, learning impact, societal benefit;
- Creating a centre of excellence for harmonising management practices and frameworks internationally across the company.
- Reaching out to external stakeholders in the European markets, edtech and technology players as well as non-commercial bodies;
- Synthesising company position, plans and impact in business and the broader society into a narrative for communicating to the capital markets and key stakeholders.
The Corporate Strategy Manager will work closely with the central Product function, the Functional Control team in the Finance function, as well as with our client companies across Europe, in particular with colleagues in Segment Management and Strategy, Research and Insights.
As the projects the Corporate Strategy Manager will be working on are of central importance to the company, s/he will have direct exposure to Managing Directors of our client companies and to C-level leadership. S/he will contribute to thought leadership of the company and will have the ability to influence the decisions of senior executives.
The Corporate Strategy Manager´s role can be seen as one of internal management consultant. Accordingly, s/he will have the opportunity to leverage their expertise across all domains of management consulting, ranging from pure strategy through marketing and pricing, to organisation, to M&A/PMM.
Perfil Buscado (H/M/D)
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred;
- 4-6 years of experience in a top management strategic consulting firm;
- Prior experience in education and/or publishing, media businesses is not a prerequisite but will be an advantage;
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative (including a sound understanding of financial metrics) and qualitative;
- Strong written, visual and oral communication skills, particularly in preparing and delivering eloquent and concise management presentations;
- Strong people skills, including demonstrated ability to quickly build networks across a complex organisation and manage multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage complexity and ambiguity;
- Team player attitude with experience working in a matrixed, international environment;
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Opportunities for professional growth and development in a dynamic international environment in full growth.
- Final offer will depend on the real experience demonstrated along the process.