Big Data Solution Architect
Be part of one of the most important Development Centers based in Barcelona.
Lead regional projects with pioneer technologies.
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Is one of the leading insurance companies worldwide, with teams spread around the globe. They've followed a strategy that centralise development capabilities in their main regions.
Descripción de la oferta
As a Big Data Solution Architect Lead your main responsibilities will involve:
- Lead the Big Data Solution architecture
- Perform requirements engineering ahead of project initiation to level required to identify the appropriate solution architecture and usability opportunities of existing shared platforms.
- Ensure alignment of the solutions with Enterprise, Platform and Data Architects, as well as the broader Group Operations & Technology community.
- Has the design authority (IT Solution Architecture), and ensures adherence to standards in all work streams across the globe.
- Design scalable and reusable solutions with key components on the Big Data Platform and beyond with other technologies as appropriate.
- Partner with other Solution Architects(Security, Infrastructure, Vendors) and collaborates with open source communities to define and implement best practices and standards for Big data solutions implementation.
- Define & document data dependencies & data flow diagrams of the solution, e.g. between source and systems consuming the data, as well as the logical processes and interfaces with other systems.
- Operate and manage technical environments, version control tools and processes, automation of build/deployment processes, release management, quality control of solutions.
- Oversee and review work of the developers to ensure alignment with the designed solution, and adapts the design in line with changes of project scope and understanding.
Perfil buscado (h/m)
As a Big Data Solution Architect Lead your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Technology education with completed University degree. Secondary business education or insurance background is a plus. +8 years of work experience in technical positions including +5 years as an Application Architect with Big Data Solutions.
- English language on the Business Fluent level is required.
- Architect Shared service Platform for Big Data
- Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Logical and Physical Data modelling, Data Dictionaries
- High availability and contingency solutions
- Knowledge of Data Quality Management and Master Data Management concepts
- Demonstrable knowledge of Continuous Integration/Test Driven Development and Code Analysis including its application within the software development life cycle.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications.
- Proponent for innovation, best practices, sound design with data & information optimisation in mind, strong development habits, and efficient team/project structures.
- Capable of articulating complex designs, code and applications for large scale projects to a simple to understand non-technical client-facing standard
Be part of one of the most important Development Centres based in Barcelona. Lead regional projects with pioneer technologies.