- A great opportunity for your career growth in a multicultural company
- English and Italian are a must - Spanish is not required
Acerca de nuestro cliente
A multinational company based in Barcelona, more precisally in Cornellà de Llobregat.
- The Accountant is within a cluster of countries responsible for the effective and reliable operation of accounting including general accounting.
- The Accountant assists the controller to ensure compliance with US GAAP, Group Audit, local statutory, tax compliance and legal reporting requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The main tasks:
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP / Local GAAP requirements / SOX / Tax Compliance;
- Accountable for the preparation of specifications/reconciliations and documentation of all submitted financial data, e.g. the financial statements;
- Participates in the local statutory and tax requirements according to legally required timelines;
- Continual improvements of the financial processes;
- Develop and execute EMEA reports as needed;
- Understand and support Product Costing;
- Monitor, plan and review execution of Capital Investment for one Legal Entity.
- Assists in the execution of the month end closing activities of the entities according to SSC (Shared Service Center) closing schedule and in line with both US GAAP and internal accounting guidelines;
- Assists in the monthly tax calculations & schedules;
- Corrective entries that are needed based on monitoring of the financial results during the month and closing Statutory Reporting;
- Assists in the preparation of Financial Statements;
- Prepares Notes to the Financial Statements, Management Report, coordinates the filing of Financial Statements and Tax Returns to local authorities;
- Assists in the Documenting of Year-end Balance;
- Assists with balance sheet reconciliations (G/L account breakdown, supporting documentation).
Perfil Buscado (H/M/D)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant financial experience in a multinational environment;
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field;
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written. Knowledge of Italian or other European languages are highly valued;
- Experience in industrial environment and Product Costing;
- Experience with Internal Controls (SOX);
- Good understanding of the use and application of ERP systems (SAP);
- Experience with cultural diversity;
- Professional level of knowledge of modern accounting practices;
- Good understanding of US GAAP reporting;
- Good understanding of the use and application of other I.T. (Excel, Word & PowerPoint);
- Pro-active, hands-on mentality, convincing, motivated, team player;
- Income Tax and VAT knowledge and accounting experience preferred;
Oportunidades de carrera y desarrollo profesional.