Senior Development Manager UK (London or Cambridge)
Oceana is the largest advocacy organization dedicated to ocean conservation
We are seeking a Senior Development Manager to lead our fundraising efforts
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Oceana is the largest international advocacy organization dedicated solely to ocean conservation. Oceana is rebuilding abundant and biodiverse oceans by winning science-based policies in countries that control one third of the world's wild fish catch. With over 100 victories that stop overfishing, habitat destruction, pollution and killing of threatened species like turtles and sharks, Oceana's campaigns are delivering results. A restored ocean means that one billion people can enjoy a healthy seafood meal, every day, forever. Together, we can save the oceans and help feed the world.
Descripción de la oferta
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of and close collaboration with the Senior Development Director based in Madrid, develop and execute a strategy and a fundraising target for Oceana's international fundraising with foundations, major donors, high net worth individuals and innovative financing in the United Kingdom.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit a portfolio of major donors in the United Kingdom;
- Develop a coherent stewardship program for UK-based donors;
- Conduct and oversee research to identify new donors and ways to upgrade existing donors;
- Work with the Director and other leaders to implement upgrade strategies;
- Successfully develop and manage High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) giving circles;
- Coordinate team workflow and priorities;
- Liaise with policy and advocacy, research and expedition, administration and communications colleagues to ensure that funding packages and donor reports are accurate and support maximizing long term fundraising potential;
- Represent Oceana at organizational and external events as appropriate. This includes donor and prospect meetings, cultivation events, dinners and galas, professional industry gatherings, and speaking engagements.
Perfil buscado (h/m)
Qualifications and experience:
- A university degree and a minimum 7 years of experience in fundraising or related stakeholder relations work with at least three years at a senior level or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Demonstrable track record of success in fundraising.
- Experience working in environmental and/or marine conservation is an asset.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English essential.
- Experience of effective communication at senior levels and with wealthy and influential people, providing a compelling case for support.
- Accomplished interpersonal and networking skills.
- Proven management capabilities, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Personal resilience, ability to operate in a start-up environment.
- Passion for oceans and conservation.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly.
- Able to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Able to exhibit diplomacy and tact at all times.
Oceana offers a competitive annual salary in the range of £50,000, commensurate with experience. The position will be based either in Central London or in Cambridge and conditions are according to UK employment legislation; hence the position is open solely to persons with the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To apply: Please send a letter of application, stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this position, with your CV/resume by email to: applicants-
Put "Senior Development Manager UK" in the email subject line. Thanks!