Senior Breeder Tomato
- Global multinational, seed company with a strong commitment to expand.
- Senior Plant Breeder Tomato.
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Our client is a global multinational, seed company with a strong commitment to expand.
They are passionate about breeding and creating varieties for the society.
They are looking for people who are as passionate as they are.
They became what they are today, thanks to enthusiastic people who at some point decided to join to their flexible team and try to grow together sharing experiences in the field.
They are committed to their staff. They always strive to create a pleasant working environment based on freedom, respect and teamwork.
Descripción de la oferta
- Lead, execute and optimize the Tomato breeding program for the beef type non-heated worldwide market using the appropriate methodologies and support breeding technologies to help the company to achieve its results.
- Propose, implement and assess breeding strategies according to available resources and budget.
- Participate and contribute in research project teams when relevant for the breeding goals or target markets.
- Set up Tomato trials in their breeding stations, working jointly with client's development personnel in different countries.
- Work from Barcelona station in close collaboration with the commercial teams to promote varieties and organize successful market introductions.
- Identify promising results from different fields of research and integrate them in the breeding program.
- Translate market requirements and future needs along with Marketing and Sales into breeding goals to generate successful new products.
Perfil buscado (h/m)
- MSc or Ph.D. in Plant Breeding or relevant fields
- At least three years of working experience in commercial plant breeding, Tomato or Solanum
- Demonstrated experience in Vegetable Crops Breeding.
- Strong background in plant breeding, genetics, field plot technique, molecular biology, and molecular marker application to plant breeding.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Spanish and English as a working language. (Written and verbal is required).
- Long-term commitment with a rapidly-growing company located in Barcelona, a leading Vegetable production area.
- High prospects for promotion in an active expanding company based on talent
- Remuneration package will be fixed depending on experience and skills provided by candidates.