Product Development Engineer with German
- Importante empresa de automoción
- Product Development Engineer with German
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Importante empresa de automoción
Descripción de la oferta
This position is responsible for designing, developing and driving the feasibility of our plastic parts portfolio, providing the required technical direction and focus necessary to support the award of new programs and product applications.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a "hands-on" position that will work across the organization in a competitive atmosphere. Working effectively with cross-functional teams is crucial for success.
· Responsible for the development and validation of designs that meet the structural integrity required for the product
· Develop innovative attachment methods that can be used as a competitive advantage
· Lead the development of alternate raw materials for performance improvement and cost reduction
· Develop expertise in plastic parts. This includes understanding the test procedure, where to conduct testing, and how to design product to meet the requirements
· Direct and assist assigned design personnel with day to day responsibilities on program activity
· Responsible for drafting and maintaining applicable engineering request documents specific to assigned projects, including DFMEA, DVP&R and GD&T requirements
· Responsible for conducting brainstorming events and developing initial design concepts for new program activity
· Responsible for facilitating customer and internal design reviews
· Responsible for reviewing Statement of Work / Requirements to ensure that designs meet customer expectations
· Initiate test requests as necessary
· Must be able to express thoughts clearly and present technical details of our design concepts and technologies
· Responsible for identifying any critical characteristics during the initial design phase that may be required for the part design
· Responsible for working with component suppliers or tier ones as required
· Support day to day problem solving as required
· Support commercial teams in developing customer relationships
· Support R&D or Strategic Plan activity as required
Perfil buscado (h/m)
· BS in Engineering or other technical degree preferred
· 5 years (or more) experience in the same or similar position
· Able to talk in English and German
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook and Customer required applications
· Experience with budgeting, cost estimating, CAD and Catia.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, clients and the general public.
Oportunidades de carrera y desarrollo profesional