Global Category Manager
46,000EUR - 60,000EURActualizado 04/08/16
- Multinational company
- Global Category Manager- Raw material
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Multinational company (packaging).
Descripción de la oferta
- Global budget Fibbers, Binders, Chemicals ($90m spend p.a.) EMEIA: Develop, gain alignment, and implement strategy for all relevant sub categories.
- Provide strategic expertise and impact assessment for assigned categories to all internal stakeholders.
- Proactive leadership and support to regional internal customers, while ensuring continuity of supply.
- Lead contract negotiations for each category, while utilising a team based approach involving key internal stakeholders. Total cost of ownership, market forecasts, global volume, supplier technical support, as well as regional and plant distinctions should all be considered in the negotiations.
- Drive corporate value by lowering total cost of ownership and reducing working capital of strategic materials.
- Develop and leverage supplier relationships that drive opportunities for value creation throughout the entire supply chain.
- Ensure global supply base management is conducted through on site business reviews at supplier plants and by connecting plant and regional product development teams to supplier best practices aimed at cost elimination and/or new product development. This also includes actively driving accountability for quality, cost, and service while ensuring effective root cause events are conducted that support the objectives of each plant.
Perfil buscado (h/m)
- Min. Bachelor's degree in business, finance or supply chain. Alternatively a technical degree (Material science, Process Engineering, Chemistry, Textile Engineering).
- Certified Purchasing Manager or Certified Professional in Supply Management preferred.
- Experience with Petrochemical and/or Textile sourcing a plus.
- Minimum (5) years experience in direct category management, strategic sourcing, or supply chain management for a process based organisation.
- Cross-functional leadership experience or additional expertise in functional areas outside of procurement.
- The ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees is crucial to success in this role.
- Must have a high level of business acumen with understanding of P&L impacts.
- English fluently.
- Travel 50% or as needed.
Opportunity to grow in an important multinational company.