EMEA Solutions Architect Lead (Infrastructure Lead)
Multinational specialised in distribution of Wireless Devices
EMEA Solutions Architect (Infrastructure Lead)
Acerca de nuestro cliente
Multinational Company specialised in distribution of wireless device
Descripción de la oferta
Description of Duties
- Responsible functionally to CIO EMEA for all nominated platform architectures.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of platforms and applications which utilise them.
- Revise specific applications architectures as requested, aiding identifying transition steps and elaborating project plans to address any gaps.
- Act as a SPOC on architectures for consulting with internal IT teams for aligning projects with the elected architectures.
- Overall accountability for architecture development, management and delivery roadmaps as defined by the CIO EMEA with reference to Global platform leads.
- Present architecture recommendations to managers, peers and other parties as required.
- Meet with clients to aid documentation of business requirements and explain applications architecture orientations.
Responsibilities - Tactical
- Analyse the overall applications landscape as currently deployed.
- Abstract the complexity of a system into a manageable model that describes the essence of a system by exposing important details and significant constraints.
- Maintain control over the architecture / SDLC / project lifecycle, leading a team of resources as required and maintaining inertia once a project is in progress.
- Proactively monitor and manage any operating disorder that is not in accordance with the architecture structures as defined by the Global platform leads and CIO EMEA.
- Matrix-manage a team of functional and non-functional architects as appropriate including their respective outsourcing contracts to develop and build new packages/applications.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of infrastructure by liaising with the Infrastructure Lead.
- Manage customisation, shell scripting and configuration as required for ongoing deployments of chosen applications.
- Be a SPOC for application or platform support escalations as raised by the Support team.
- Inspire, mentor and encourage work colleagues, sponsors and customers to apply intelligently customised industry best practices.
- Set education paths for all to follow the system architecture to successfully adopt the chosen architectural path.
- Act as a Change Agent where process maturity is not sufficient for creating and maintaining architecture centric development.
Responsibilities - Strategic
- Assess new applications to see if they are suitable and if the current hardware will support those using existing platforms or to have new ones created.
- Provide detailed information about costs and benefits of applications or platforms to CIO EMEA to ensure that they are fit-for-purpose including recommended optimisation.
- Work closely with CIO EMEA and direct team to explain the benefits and justification of investment in proposed architectures. This is achieved by participating in BPR activities, using a Cost-Benefit Analysis Method and by measuring the level of component / architectural re-use.
- Make critical decisions with appropriate documentation that define a specific direction for a system in terms of implementation, operations, and maintenance. The critical decisions must be approved by CIO EMEA and supplied with alternatives.
- Be an ambassador for the EMEA region and a member of the Architecture Review Board (ARB) including deputation on behalf of the CIO EMEA.
Perfil buscado (h/m)
- Architectural or systems background.
- Team Leader; being able to work in a direct and indirect (matrix) environment.
- Is a logical thinker.
- Can clearly articulate ideas and concepts, both orally and in written form.
- Can adapt communications to suit audience, both by level of seniority as well as audience type (e.g. internal or customer).
- Has a flexible attitude to work.
Interesting professional opportunity